This web site is owned and operated by Shared Earth (York) Ltd. Please contact us if you have any suggestions or comments.
Our Contact details:
Shared Earth (York) Ltd
1 Minster Gates York YO1 7HL United Kingdom
Phone: +44 1904 632896
Fax: +44 1904 623770
VAT Registration Number GB 164 4386 94
Company number: 8560148
Making A Purchase
Browse our store, and add any items that you wish to buy into the shopping basket. After you have finished your selection, click on 'Checkout' and you will be asked for a few details that we need to be able to complete the order.
You may optionally create an account with us or place an order as a guest. Creating an account enables you to retrieve your contact details at a future time without the need to rekey them.
Payment is taken by payment service provider PayPal, which is fully PCI DSS compliant. After placing your order you will be taken to the secure PayPal site to either pay on a PayPal account or enter your credit/debit card details. You do NOT need a PayPal account in order to make a payment. Your payment details are encrypted and held with PayPal only.
If you have made a mistake in your order and cannot correct it in the shopping basket, contact us and we will correct the mistake.
When confirmation of your order is received, this is to indicate that we have received your order. It does not indicate that a contract exists between us. We will indicate acceptance of your order, and hence a contract between us, when we send you an invoice. We have included this term to protect us in the case that a mistake has been made in pricing, we have inadvertently under-priced goods, or we are no longer able to supply a particular product for some reason. In the case of a change of price, we will always contact you first to ensure that the price is acceptable.
Shipping And Handling
Within the UK:
- Orders up to £15 - P&P is £3.95
- Orders over £15 - P&P is free
Outside the UK:
- We deliver anywhere within the EU. Our Standard Overseas Shipping charge is £10.00 (plus VAT if applicable).
Please note: Shipping heavy items overseas may incur an additional cost. If this is the case, we will contact you prior to despatch to determine if you wish to pay the additional cost or cancel the order.
Within the UK, goods should arrive within 5-7 working days. Delivery may take slightly longer than this during busy times, but we will do our best to despatch asap.
Delivery overseas and to UK Highlands & Islands may take slightly longer than to the rest of UK Mainland.
Our sales team will contact you if any products are out of stock.
You must inform us within 7 working days if the goods are lost or damaged in transit so that we can make a prompt claim against the delivery company and correct the problem. Please quote your order number in all correspondence.
You agree that proof of delivery supplied by our delivery company is sufficient evidence to establish that goods have been received.
Out of stock items
If an item on your order is out of stock, we will contact you to arrange for a refund to be made.
For orders to the UK or the European Union, VAT is added at the current rate.
Payment is taken by payment service provider PayPal, which is fully PCI DSS compliant. No credit/debit card details are passed on to us.
We guarantee your satisfaction. All of our products come with a 30 day no quibble guarantee.
If you need to reach us, please complete and send the form on the Contact page. Alternatively, you can call on +44 1904 632896 or fax us on +44 1904 623770 or write to us at 1 Minster Gates York YO1 7HL United Kingdom
Shared Earth takes privacy of your data very seriously. We are committed to protecting your privacy.
The information we collect is what is necessary to process orders and to provide you with our best service.
What we collect:
- Personal information, e.g. name, address, email address, telephone number.
- We may also collect information about your internet session such as IP address, the URL you came to our website from, pages of our website you have viewed, geographical area, etc.
- Please be aware that we may capture information about your online visit to help us improve our service.
We will use your information as follows:
- To set up and maintain your account on our website and on our secure server.
- To allow administration of your account.
- To contact you about transactions on your account.
- To process your orders.
- To enable us and third parties (for example delivery companies) to carry out technical, logistical or other functions for the purposes of managing your account and the technical and management systems upon which it relies on our behalf.
- To carry out fraud prevention.
- To enable us and third parties (acting on our behalf) to carry out data analysis with regard to your account for the company’s internal business purposes.
- To conduct marketing activities.
- To notify you of products, promotions and company detail. You may opt out of this at any time. Please note if you opt out there might be a short time before our systems are updated and you continue to receive information from us.
- We are legally obliged to give information when required to law enforcement agencies.
Who will have access to the data:
- Staff within Shared Earth organisations and third parties as stated above for the purposes only as stated above.
- We will never sell your details, and we will never share them with anyone other than as stated above.
Period of holding your data:
- Where necessary, some accounting information will be kept for as long as required by UK law.
- Other information will be kept until you ask us to remove it or until it becomes no longer necessary to keep it, whichever is the sooner.
By creating an account and/or placing an order, you agree to give us permission to use your information for the purposes outlined above.
If at any time you wish to revoke this permission, please contact us to let us know.
Access to the information we hold
You may request a copy of all the personal data we hold about you. We will take reasonable steps to verify your identity and we will send the information either to your registered email address or your registered postal address.
If you have agreed to us sending information about our products, services, promotions, etc by email, you may opt out at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the footer of any of our marketing emails or contact us to let us know.
Your rights to return goods are protected under the EU Distance Selling Directive.
You are entitled to cancel your order and return the goods within 7 working days for a full refund, including the cost of delivery. Do this by contacting us by email or telephone and quoting the order number supplied to you. Your refund will be paid within 30 days. You are responsible for the cost and risk of loss or damage when returning the goods, so you should take out enough postal insurance to cover their value. This cancellation policy does not affect your rights when we are at fault - for example, if goods are faulty or misdescribed.
Any goods returned must be in saleable condition.
These terms apply to your order. We may change our terms and conditions at any time, so please do not assume that the same terms will apply in the future.
None of these terms affect your legal rights and these are not diminished in any way. If any term is held to be invalid under any applicable statute or rule of law, that term is automatically omitted from the terms to minimum extent necessary to comply with the law and without affecting the validity or enforceability of the remainder.
This policy was last updated May 2018